“Spring is the time of plans and projects.” - Leo Tolstoy. If you’re like me, every spring you want to fling open the windows and scrub everything down to get your house looking its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Bluff City to give your home a fresh start.
1. Perform A Spring Checkup For Energy Efficiency And Safety
Spring is a great time to ensure your home’s systems are ready for the summer. Here are some things you should inspect every spring in Bluff City:
- HVAC System. Run your air conditioning system to ensure that it can handle the summer heat. Increase your HVAC system’s energy efficiency by changing your furnace and air conditioning filters. Many HVAC companies provide this service for a small fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Keep your home and family safe by testing your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. Put new batteries in your alarms in the spring and in the fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Inspect the caulking around doors, windows, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for small cracks. Fix the caulking if needed. Install window treatments, like plantation shutters, to improve your window’s energy efficiency and temperature control. Open and close all your windows to make sure that they can freely move.
2. Tackle The Dirt To See Your House Shine
Nothing makes your house sparkle as well as a good, deep clean. Begin by decluttering all of your rooms to open up the space. Next, clean areas you don’t wipe down every week such as kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, floors, and ceiling fans. Shine your kitchen and bathroom fixtures. Move your furniture to clean the areas under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture as well.
Bring in more light by cleaning your windows. Scrub your screens and windows to remove dirt and smudges. Wipe down your shutters, and clean your shades and draperies. You can give your blinds a new look with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
Now that you’ve cleaned your house and decluttered it, you’re ready for the fun part: redecorating.
The simplest way to redecorate is to use what you already have. Rearrange the furniture to update the room’s look. Or you can shop your home, which means switching out the furniture and accessories you already have between rooms. Add more color with colorful accessories, paint, and plants.
If you’re ready to completely redo the look of a room, then check out our idea gallery for inspiration and ideas. It’s brimming with photos of different styles of rooms and window treatments for all areas of your home. Once you’ve picked a color scheme and style you want, you can add matching furniture, paint colors, and accessories.
An easy update for your rooms is to add window treatments that coordinate with your existing furnishings and enhance your rooms. You can select from a range of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters as well as blinds and shades.
Check Out More Design Tips
Explore our design tips for even more ideas for inspiration. And when you see a look and window treatment that you love, call us at 276-685-5343 or fill out the form below to set up a free in-home consultation. Our team of professionals will guide you in choosing the perfect window treatment to give your home a beautiful new look this spring.